St Vincent de Paul – Vincent’s Charity Shop
About the Volunteer Opportunity
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people who are willing to give a minimum of 3 hours commitment per week. This opportunity offers the chance to meet new people; training and support to build new skills; gain experience in customer care, merchandising, sorting and pricing, branding, sales, teamwork, fashion, communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the store’s housekeeping standards are maintained (keep floor clean & dry, identify and remove tripping hazards, keep the entrance and passageway free from obstruction, etc.)
- Process donations (receive, sort and redistribute)
- Steam clothes, pricing and tagging
- Make every effort to establish the true value of any donated item and ensure that this value is reflected in the pricing and sesequent sale of such items
- Assist with the display of stock and the window display
- Assist or/and initiate the shop events or other additional shop activities
- Ensure all of our customers are valued and respected
About the Organisation
The Society of St Vincent de Paul has over 230 local Vincent’s charity shops located in every county around Ireland.
Our Vincent’s charity shops are a very important aspect of the service SVP provides. Not only do they provide people with new and lightly worn items at affordable prices, they also provide an income source for the Society, which is recycled directly back into the community.
The charity shops are managed by a small number of professionals, assisted by a large number of volunteers and by community employment trainees. The profits generated from the charity shops, some of which also supply furniture, are recycled into local Conferences around Ireland to support those in need.
Local SVP Conferences can also provide people with Vincent’s Gift Tokens for clothing and furniture, which they can use in any of our shops to pick out what they need.
By donating your second-hand clothes and unwanted items to your closest charity shops, not only will you be freeing up space in your home, you will also be making a difference to people in need, in your community.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.