Meet and Greet Volunteer
About the Volunteer Opportunity
RNID are recruiting volunteers to provide a friendly welcome to service users at their hearing aid support sessions. They are looking for volunteers in all areas of Cookstown and Magherafelt with a particular focus on Maghera, Cookstown, Magherafelt and its surrounding areas.
What you’ll be doing
- support staff to safely transfer hearing aids from the client to the hearing aid maintenance volunteers within the venue
- assist clients with service procedures
- provide a friendly welcome to people as they arrive at the venue
- listen, chat and engage with service users and their friends and family
- promote the work of the service and provide information
- follow RNID policies and regulations
What you need?
You will need to provide the names of two referees who have known you for at least two years, preferably in a professional context. This can include employers, colleagues, teachers tutors support workers community leaders, child’s teacher or a member of a hobby or exercise group you belong to.
- have a friendly and approachable manner
- have a sensitive attitude towards other people
- have a genuine interest in working for a charity
- have knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
- have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- be reliable, trustworthy and honest
- be open-minded and non-judgemental
What you’ll get in a return
- As a volunteer you will help make a real difference to the people you support
- help us run this important service
- receive training and learn new skills
- meet people in different situations
- raise awareness of deafness in the community
- have reasonable, out-of-pocket and pre-approved travel expenses repaid
RNID Volunteer Role Description click link below –
About the Organisation
RNID work in communities across the country to provide information and support services. They also run fundraising events and campaigns – and are always keen to welcome new volunteers.
To find out about local services in Northern Ireland, how to get involved and who to contact for information or support visit the link below:
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.