Cookstown Base Volunteer
Mid Ulster Volunteer Centre
About the Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteers are needed to support staff at The Base Cookstown in promoting independent living skills for adults with a learning disability within a fun and relaxed environment.
- Support The Base Co-Ordinator with the activities held in The Base and the local community e.g., the leisure centre, library, shopping centre etc
- Support staff during activities
- Support and accompany clients on short outings as directed by staff
- Available for 2-3 hours over the period of a week (Monday to Friday)
What skills would the volunteer need to successfully fill the post?
- Good communication skills
- Prompt and reliable
- Comfortable in group settings
- Trustworthy and Friendly
- Genuine interest in a variety of activities such as arts and crafts, music, cooking, physical activity.
About the Organisation
The primary function of the Base is to maintain friendships and/or develop new friendships. It acts as a base for leisure and social activities within the local community for adults with learning disabilities. The Base aims to have a team of volunteers to complement and support the work of the Base Co-ordinator.
Volunteers assist the individuals of the Base to engage in weekly activities such as leisure, crafts and sporting activities.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.