Online Events Volunteer Facilitator
About the Volunteer Opportunity
Online Events Volunteer Facilitator Mid Ulster Supported Living Service (MUSLS)
- To support delivery of a range of virtual support opportunities for the people supported in MUSLS.
- To include getting those they support to dial into and actively participate in virtual coffee mornings, quizzes and bingo…….
What will I be doing?
- Facilitate coffee morning, quizzes and bingo as per MUSLS online activity programme.
- Dial into and facilitate the group google duo activity session and help those to engage in the coffee morning, quiz, games or bingo that is being hosted.
- Take a lead and host the events.
- Support the development of any further virtual activity groups that are appropriate
- An understanding of how to use group video calling
- An interest in the use of virtual events
- Good Communication
- Able to work as part of a team
- Can use own initiative to respond to needs of people we support in a virtual capacity
- Ability to promote positive can do attitude to disability
An understanding of how to troubleshoot any issues with dialling into the video
Support and supervision:
- You will receive induction prior to commencing your role.
- You will be supported by the MUSLS Manager who will be your supervisor. They will introduce you to people the service supports through virtual support.
- You will receive regular support and supervision with your supervisor.
- When actively volunteering you will be responsible to Manager of MUSLS.
- On-going training opportunities will be offered to you as your role requires.
About the Organisation
Our aim is to transform the future of people with a learning disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition.
We do that by enabling people to realise their hopes, dreams and ambitions. We change attitudes by proving that a person doesn’t have to be defined by their disability. And we change society by showing that, with the right support, everyone can play a valuable role in the community.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.