Springhill Volunteer Ranger
National Trust – Springhill
About the Volunteer Opportunity
Rangers love the countryside and being out in the fresh air, so they know what our outdoor visitors need. They’re great at taking care of the wildlife and stunning historical landscapes, for ever, for everyone.
- Helping the ranger team with practical work to keep the countryside in great condition, enhance the conservation of the property and maintain the outdoor spaces i.e. cutting grass, strimming, lifting leaves, litter picking, wildlife surveys.
- Learning more about Springhill, its history, landscape, nature and wildlife.
- Helping each visitor feel welcome, making suggestions so they have a safe and enjoyable day
- Being ready to help, sharing what’s great about the property, helping people understand why we need to take care of special places and thinking about the needs of all visitors, including disabled people and families.
- Letting staff know of any issues with fences, footpaths etc.
- There might be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with
This role will suit you if you are…
- Outdoorsy, whatever the weather’s doing.
- Reasonably fit and healthy for walking and practical tasks.
- Keen to work with people and wildlife.
- Passionate about Springhill and know the best spots.
- Available on weekdays.
By getting involved you could:
- Keep fit without even trying.
- Help look after important landscapes for future generations.
- Use your passion for the outdoors and share your knowledge with visitors.
- Work alongside passionate countryside management professionals, learning skills along the way.
- Join a friendly and varied team and make some new friends.
About the Organisation
A pretty 17th-century plantation house with walled garden.
Springhill was the home of ten generations of Lenox-Conyngham family. Regarded as one of the prettiest houses to visit in Northern Ireland, its portraits and furniture are shared by one of Ireland’s best-documented ghosts. The old laundry houses an impressive Costume Collection, which features some fine examples of 18th to 20th-century fashion. Wandering its walled gardens and parkland, visitors can discover many tempting waymarked paths.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.