Springhill Outdoors Assistant Volunteer
National Trust – Springhill
About the Volunteer Opportunity
We are looking for lovers of the outdoors, to help the team keep the grounds and outdoor visitor spaces looking their best to ensure our visitors have the best experience we can offer.
- Helping the team with practical outdoor work to keep the site looking its best on open days.
- Learning more about Springhill, its history and the local area.
- We are looking for volunteers who are willing to come in during days we are open to visitors (mainly weekends and bank holidays) and undertake a wide range of tasks, including litter picking, cleaning doors, gates and signage, ensuring pathways are kept clear, clean and non-slip, emptying bins, keeping picnic tables and summer seats clean.
This role would suit you:
- Active lover of the outdoors and generally handy.
- Someone who enjoys variety, enjoys getting their hands dirty, likes meeting people, has a friendly and helpful nature and likes helping others.
- Willing to undertake manual work, in all weathers.
- Self-motivated and can use initiative.
- Available at weekends and bank holidays.
By getting involved you could:
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Improve your skills
- Get out and about in a beautiful setting
- Gain great personal satisfaction, since you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the site at Springhill and enhance the experience for visitors
About the Organisation
A pretty 17th-century plantation house with walled garden
Springhill was the home of ten generations of Lenox-Conyngham family. Regarded as one of the prettiest houses to visit in Northern Ireland, its portraits and furniture are shared by one of Ireland’s best-documented ghosts. The old laundry houses an impressive Costume Collection, which features some fine examples of 18th to 20th-century fashion. Wandering its walled gardens and parkland, visitors can discover many tempting waymarked paths.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.