Muscular Dystrophy UK
You will get to learn more about your local area by getting out and about in the community. This is a vital way to help raise both funds and awareness for the charity and we simply can’t have the reach we need without volunteers! Meet new people, while finding the opportunity to develop new and expand on existing skills in fundraising, management, organisational skills and communication.
The Volunteer should:
• Have a welcoming, friendly manner
• Good organisation skills and ability to maintain records
• Initiative in order to recognise opportunities to place boxes
• Have good written English and basic computer skills
• Can volunteer flexible hours
• Can volunteer independently and as part of a team
• enthusiasm and commitment to supporting the work of MDUK
• to maintain and uphold the reputation and good name of the charity
• to listen to, and work co-operatively with paid members of staff and other volunteers – treating all with courtesy and respect
• to take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
• to support the charity’s equal opportunities and diversity policy – helping to promote this to all our supporters
We’re the leading charity for over 60 muscle wasting and weakening conditions. For over 60 years, we’ve been building our community of individuals living with muscle-wasting or weakening conditions, families and carers, scientists, health professionals, supporters, volunteers, and donors. Making advances that would have been unthinkable just ten years ago. With 110,000 children and adults with a muscle-wasting condition, it’s important to get your support!
Share this opportunity.
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.