Motor Neurone Disease Association
About the Volunteer Opportunity
This is a new and exciting role with Motor Neurone Disease Association and is based within the Northern Health and Social areas.
Do you enjoy listening to and helping people? Are you looking for a volunteering role where you can do just that, and fits in around your family, studies or other commitments?
By becoming an Association Visitor and donating your time, energy and skills, you can make a real difference to the lives of people affected by MND.
- Volunteers will receive training and support throughout.
- Travel expenses.
- Volunteers need to be aged 18+.
- At home volunteering ‘during Covid-19’ but will move to face to face.
About the Organisation
The Northern Ireland Branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association aims to provide the best possible support to local people with MND, their families and carers. MND is the name given to a group of related diseases affecting the motor neurones in the brain and spinal cord. It affects people in different ways so no two people will have exactly the same symptoms or experience of MND. MND affects not only the person with the disease, but also those close to them.
Our Branch is run entirely by volunteers:
- we provide trained Association Visitors volunteers to support people living with MND and their families and carers, to ensure they receive the best possible care
- we organise informal support meetings for people with MND and carers to meet together
- we provide advice and signpost to other services and can provide specialist equipment and access to small grants
- we provide materials and advice on how to fundraise or opportunities to volunteer for us;
- we deliver educational and learning opportunities for health care professionals.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.