Please apply through Indeed website or email your CV and covering letter to
Closing Date 12/01/2024
Project Assistant (25hrs per week)
Mid Ulster Volunteer Centre are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Assistant to join our team and to support our programmes funded by the Community Lottery Fund.
You will contribute to developing and running safe and effective programmes for the Mid Ulster Volunteer Centre at InVOLve House, Magherafelt.
You will support the project leader in developing and delivering key projects aimed at supporting the health and well-being of older people in the community.
- To support the Project Leader in the development of the Never to Old Project.
- Assist with the daily running of activities including set-up and hospitality duties. This would include coordinating and assisting with the luncheon club and meal preparation and serving.
- Support users at activities by attending, as necessary.
- To support the Project Leader in the development of volunteer roles and opportunities by with the recruitment of volunteers to the Never to Old Project.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date records including a database of individuals/groups involved in the Never too Old project and attendance at activities, and to support the development of promotional material in relation to this project
- To assist in the organisation of information events/workshops/training for volunteers/the target group and their carers
- To support and actively promote the work of the Never too Old project as well as through our website and social media.
- General administration duties
- To undertake training and supervision as required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be required.
- Follow policy and procedure.
- Support administration and other requirements for the charity, including but not limited to room hire, hospitality and enquiries
- Work in other areas of the charity to support flexibility and cross-function awareness
- Minimum of 4 G.C.S.E or equivalent grade C and above, must include Maths and English
- IT skills including use of Microsoft Office and Excel Spreadsheets
- Good working knowledge of the role of the voluntary sector and volunteering
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative under minimum supervision
- Must assist with food preparation and hospitality
- Ability to prioritise work
- Must have the ability to travel to various locations as and when required
- Possession of a full driving licence and access to a car for business travel or have a means to fulfil the travel requirements of the post
More information can be found via link to Indeed website click here
Email Cover Letter and CV to