Volunteer Fundraising Treasurer
Guide Dogs NI
About the Volunteer Opportunity
As Treasurer, you are a key member of your local fundraising group. You will need to record income and expenditure of the group, bank funds regularly and keep the members up to date with fundraising income totals.
- Maintaining accurate records of all income and expenditure by the Group.
- To assign correct Guide Dogs banking codes to all donations.
- To bank all funds donated to Guide Dogs promptly.
- To complete and issue receipts to donors.
- Attend Group meetings and advise members current levels of income and expenditure
- Monitor levels of expenditure, ensuring prompt claims for reimbursement of the Float Account.
- Ensure that the Float Account does not become overdrawn.
- Apply for soft credits and gift aid via your local Mobility Team.
- Maintaining records of where Guide Dogs Counter Top Boxes and life sized dogs are placed locally – working with your Group’s Collecting Box Co-Ordinator(s) and submitting the list by December 31st of each year to the Community Fundraiser
- To respond to requests made by Guide Dogs Finance department.
- Keeping Group fiscal records for 6 years in accordance with HMRC guidelines and to ensure that all Group records are available for the Community Fundraiser, Group members or any other independent examiner as requested by Guide Dogs.
Payment of agreed out of pocket expenses in line with their volunteer expenses policy will be provided
About the Organisation
When someone loses their sight, Guide Dogs Northern Ireland is there to make sure they don’t lose their freedom as well.
We want to change the way that sight loss affects people’s lives. To do this, we help everyone with sight loss – and their families – through life-changing mobility services to adults, children and young people with sight loss throughout NI.
We also work to break down barriers by campaigning alongside people living with sight loss to ensure that they can get out and about on their own terms.
So if you’d like to know more about our services, or how you can help make a difference by volunteering, fundraising, donating or campaigning, we’d love to hear from you.
By getting involved, you can be a life-changer.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.