Campaigns and Social Media Volunteer
About the Volunteer Opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic Campaigns and Social Media Volunteer. This is an exciting new position, with a real opportunity to make a difference. You will play a key role in our campaigning work in Northern Ireland. You will help us raise awareness, influence key decision makers and take action on behalf of people affected by endometriosis in Northern
What will the role require me to do?
- Helping grow Endometriosis UK’s presence in Northern Ireland by lobbying local
politicians, working with the local media and raising awareness on social media.
- Using social media to promote the activities and achievements of Support Groups in Northern Ireland and national Endometriosis UK activity · Inspiring others in Northern Ireland to share their experiences and get involved with Endometriosis UK
- Supporting and raising awareness of our national campaigns, and encouraging users to share them with others
- Fortnightly to monthly check ins with the Communications Manager to update on tasks and any support that you need
- Act in line with our communications and social media guidelines
You will get invaluable experience of campaigns and communications within a national charity, opportunities to develop key skills, all whilst making an incredible difference.
March is Endometriosis Awareness Month and therefore our busiest month. You must be available during March and volunteering hours are likely to increase around this time.
You will receive an induction and training to ensure you have the necessary skills to do your role.
We reimburse travel and food expenses in line with Endometriosis UK’s expenses policy.
No qualifications are needed for this role, but access to a computer and the internet is essential.
- Building and maintaining relationships with people from all professional levels and different backgrounds
- Able to speak confidently in public and when explaining Endometriosis, a complex
disease, in simple terms
- Excellent written communication
- Highly organised and reliable
Basic social media skills
Leadership and self-motivation
Experience of endometriosis
- Experience working in Campaigns and Communication
About the Organisation
We work to improve the lives of people affected by endometriosis and to decrease the impact it has on those with the condition and their families and friends.
Endometriosis UK provides free, reliable information about endometriosis on our website, and through our printed and download materials. Our Support Network provides vital, emotional support and information to those who have endometriosis through our support groups and helpline, enabling them to understand their disease and take control of their condition.
Share this opportunity.
Register your interest
Volunteers may be required to complete an Access NI disclosure for some volunteering roles. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a volunteer position.